Friday, January 13, 2017

Twitter Set Trade Mailday

My collecting has changed a bit in the last 12 months.  I have made a shift toward vintage and away from modern.  I still buy some modern, just not as much.  Another change has been a move back to my "innocent" days of collecting, building sets.

I picked up a few blasters of 2016-17 Parkhurst Hockey.  Even though it was stated to be a Canadian exclusive, many in the States have found them.  A couple other guys that I interact with on Twitter are set builders as well and have also decided to work on the set, giving us some trading partners.

I returned to my desk at one point today to find a bubble mailer on my desk.  It was from Cliff (oriolesrise on Twitter) and was full of cards that I need for my set.


Yes, that is an Auston Matthews rookie in the picture.  After five blasters, I did not have one (although I did hit a red parallel in the first blaster I opened).  Cliff ended up with two from the same box.  I think anyone that's opened this product would say that the collation leaves a bit to be desired.

I'm thrilled to have these and be that much closer to set completion.  It's time to go mark these off.

Thanks, Cliff!

No comments:

Post a Comment