Sunday, February 26, 2017

The First WWE Topps Now Purchase

I'm not the biggest fan of the Topps Now program, but I do believe it has a place in the hobby.  I had forgotten that Topps has the program for WWE until I was looking for Bray Wyatt cards on eBay shortly after he won the WWE title.

The print runs are obviously much lower on these than their baseball counterparts.  All three picturing Wyatt are still available and I was able to get this one very cheaply.

2016 Topps Now WWE #42 Randy Orton / Bray Wyatt (WWE Tables, Ladders and Chairs/Defeat Heath Slater and Rhyno for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship)

Yes, I'm a grown man.  Yes, I still enjoy pro wrestling.  No, I am not ashamed by it.  You'll be seeing wrestling card posts on here from time-to-time.

I can't say that I have favorite wrestlers like I did as a kid.  However, I love the Bray Wyatt gimmick and how he works the mic.  Thank heavens he is no longer "Husky Harris."


5 comments:

  1. Added you to my bloglist, also pulled all the 1986 Topps you needed (except Valenzuela and Cey). Send your address when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy wrestling as well.. I also am a grown man..

    That said, I do have a favourite.. Chris Jericho.. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's always been one of my favorites, back to when he was in WCW. "The Man of 1004 holds"

      ARM BAR!!!

      Delete
  3. I've picked up a couple of the WWE Topps Now cards. It's nice when you can get a card featuring a memorable moment for one of your favorite wrestlers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll probably pick up the Wyatt and Bayley ones going forward. I am not good about checking the Topps site, though.

      Delete