Saturday, July 8, 2017

Make Sure You Know What You're Buying

One of these days I will learn to pay attention.  If you read my old blog, you might have seen this post about buying a card that I thought was something else.  The difference with today's post is that I bought these cards online.

The acquisitions were from Sportlots, where there aren't images for every card.  That's where I messed up.  It's all me.  The cards were listed as Auston Matthews but I had a brainfart and didn't pay attention that the card number was 400, which is a checklist.


I bought the card pictured on the left first.  It showed up later the day that I bought all of the others and realized my mistake.  I can't lie, it ruined my evening.  Oh well, at least I got another Stephen Johns out of the transaction.

If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $100 in about seven months.  FREE CARDS!  If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  Happy collecting!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. A few years ago I paid $45 for a Kershaw parallel. Thought it was autographed. It wasn't :(

    http://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2014/04/dont-benadryl-and-bid.html

    ReplyDelete