Sunday, July 2, 2017

More Show Acquisitions From...a Month or so Ago

I was looking for something in the bag that I take to shows with me and found four cards that I forgot about.  Oops!  The seller didn't have a price on them and I offered a buck apiece.  He was happy to get rid of the "junk" and I was happy to leave with the "junk."

1994 Signature Rookies Tetrad Autographs #40 Darren Studstill

1994 Signature Rookies Tetrad Autographs #18 Jay Kearney
I miss the days when so many companies produced cards like this.  In this era there was Signature Rookies, Classic, Press Pass (I think), Star Pics and probably some others I'm not thinking of.  Former Mountaineers Darren Studstill and Jay Kearney were only in the Signature Rookies sets.  They never had other cards other than in WVU-issued sets.  In today's card era, they never would have had cards.


1995 Signature Rookies Draft Day Signatures #22 Bob Sura

1995 Signature Rookies Draft Day Signatures #22 Bob Sura
My short-lived NBA fandom lasted from about 1995 to 1997 and I was a Cavs fan.  Bob Sura was my guy.  I'll pick up any of these I find for a buck just for nostalgia sake.

If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $100 in about seven months.  FREE CARDS!  If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  Happy collecting!

1 comment:

  1. I have mixed emotions on Signature Rookies. On one hand, they were my first experience with pulling autographs out of packs... and they weren't on stickers back then... hooray. But on the other hand, I spent $6 to $10 per pack... and these days most of them are sitting in dollar bins. Oh well... that's the life of a collector, right?

    ReplyDelete