Thursday, April 12, 2018

COMC Show & Tell - My Shaws, For Now

All of these Andrew Shaw cards were in my last shipment, but I'm not sure how long they will be.  I've contacted a friend about selling the Andrew Shaw cards he wants to him.  I've had no passion for the Shaw collection for well more than a year now.  He stopped chasing Shaw a couple of years ago because I'd acquired to many of the rare ones, and he sold me some that I still needed.  I would love to get them into a collection where they are appreciated. 

I won't feel there's a hole in my collection without most of them.  I won't miss them when they are gone, so it's time.  I will keep some of them though, including a few from this purchase. 

2016-17 Upper Deck Black - Pro Penmanship Autographs #PEN-AS Andrew Shaw

This is an absolutely beautiful card.  I love Upper Deck Black.  It's signed on-card.  It's staying in my collection. 

2016-17 SPx - White Out Autographs #WO-AS Andrew Shaw 
  Boo stickers! 
2016-17 O-Pee-Chee Platinum - Retro #R-58 Andrew Shaw 

2016-17 O-Pee-Chee Platinum - Retro Rainbow #R-58 Andrew Shaw 

2016-17 O-Pee-Chee Platinum - Retro Rainbow Gold #R-58 Andrew Shaw /149 
2016-17 O-Pee-Chee Platinum - Retro Rainbow Orange #R-58 Andrew Shaw /49

2017-18 Upper Deck MVP - Colors and Contours - Gold #119 Andrew Shaw Level 2

2017-18 Upper Deck MVP - Green Script #119 Andrew Shaw 

2017-18 Upper Deck MVP - Silver Script #119 Andrew Shaw

2017-18 Upper Deck MVP - NHL Player Credentials - Level 1 Access #NHL-AS Andrew Shaw 

2017-18 Upper Deck MVP - NHL Player Credentials - Level 2 Access #NHL-AS Andrew Shaw 

2017-18 Upper Deck MVP - Super Script #119 Andrew Shaw /25

2016-17 Upper Deck Compendium - Blue #719 Andrew Shaw 

2016-17 Upper Deck Compendium - Red #719 Andrew Shaw 

2016-17 Upper Deck Compendium - Gold #719 Andrew Shaw 

This card is one that I didn't buy, I actually "built" it on ePack.  I traded until I had 250 copies of the base card that I could combine to make the gold.  This one is one that won't leave my collection as long as I own any trading cards.  It holds a value to me that far surpasses any monetary value. 

2016-17 Upper Deck - Silver Foil #348 Andrew Shaw 

2016-17 Upper Deck - Exclusives #348 Andrew Shaw /100

2016-17 SP Game Used - 2016 Stadium Series Relic Blends #SSB-AS Andrew Shaw /99
I can't say how accurate the TCDB numbers are.  There are some sets listed twice on the site and it's always possible that some are missing.  What I can say is that less than two years ago, I was at higher than 80% of Shaw's cards.  Now that I'm at just over 57%, it just shows how little focus I've put on acquiring cards since he was traded to Montreal.  So, these new Shaw cards are mine, for now. 


If you shop online and haven't signed up and used ebates yet, you're missing out.  I also use it on eBay to get money back from purchases there.  Between referrals and cash back, I've gotten over $150 in a year.  FREE CARDS!

If you're on Twitter, please give me a follow.  You can also find me on Trading Card Database.  I love trading cards, when it makes sense.  Happy collecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment